9600 modification

Hi everyone,

                Does anyone tried how to modify an icom-ic-32at dual
band handheld for 9600 baud. I tried to use this txceiver to receive the
digital birds on FM and I got few datas received.. I was using kpc-9612
with a quadrifilar helix antenna and a pre-amp in the shack. I sometimes
got a strong signal but when signals is not as strong as full scale, I
could not get the 9600 datas printed in my screen. I was suspecting that
perhaps, this txceiver I've got will not work properly with the 9600
baud using a kpc-9612.
                 I use pb and PG for the meantime for just listening the
bird..
                 Any tips, hints and suggestions are welcome..

dicdic/du9xa