Re: PACSATS PB Newbee?

SAT            BDCST           BBS

UO-22       UOSAT5-11        UOSAT5-12
KO-23         HL01-11         HL01-12    zero, not oh
KO-25         HL02-11         HL02-12     "     "

On other satellites look at the raw complete packets coming down.  The
callsigns are there.

Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Sorry for the newbee question:
>
> I just got a 9600 baud TNC and am trying to run PB.  It needs to know the
> broadcast callsign of the PACSATS and was written before KO-23,25 and the
> latest GO and TO satellites.  What are their BROADCAST CALLSIGNS?
>
> For that matter the default is UOSAT5-11?  Is that the right call for
> UOSAT-22?
>
> PB appears to display all the downllink gyberish in the bottom window, so
> I assume that is the raw packet data.  I never saw a single ASCII readable
> line.  I wouild have thought that the TLM, BBSTAT, PBLIST, STATUS and
> other UI packets would have shown up there?  Yes, TNC was in KISS mode.

The files have to be downloaded and then then decoded before viewing.

Why not use WiSP?  It is much much better and you won't have the PB/PG
hassels.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org