A Little Help Needed

Hi to all-

I'm Doug, AB8CJ. I am asking for opinions on an improved receive antenna
for my 435MHz Mode JA work. At present, I'm using a Cushcraft  AR-270
(like a 5/8 wave GP) on the roof, fed into the shack w/ 20' of RG-213
coax.
The 213 is fed into a preamp and a Hamtronics 435/10M converter.

The above setup works on FO-20 and FO-29, albeit marginally, with poor
low angle performance and lots of QSB.

Beams and rotors not being an option, I'm considering building a 435
Lindenblad, figuring the CP and low elevation gain will help.

Any and all constructive advice will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I read recently that UO-11 sends telemetry and other info on AFSK.
If that's still happening, I'm thinking my 1200 baud Baycom packet will
work for that . True?

Thanks and 73,

Doug