Re: Re: launch opportunities?

>Andrew Reynolds writes:
>
>snip (but *interesting*)
>> and the Sea Launch booster based on the Zenit booster.
>
>I thought I read somewhere that US political pressure was being
applied
>to deny Sea Launch becoming operational.
>
>But then - it was in the press - and we all know the credibility of
what
>we see there.  Info anyone ?

The newspaper I read it in is the "Boeing News" which is published by
The Boeing Company. I suspect the information is accurate.  It seems
that  Boeing is  in a bit of      a dispute with the US State
Department over exporting techonology.  The Company feels that all
problems can be resolved in this new field that there are no
precedents set.  They expect a minor delay in operations.

Bob Hart, WA7HRA
Hoodsport, WA