preamps

Hi Everyone,

             I borrowed a linear amplifier. The brand is Daiwa with
pre-amp. I tried using this pre-amp in my phone patching and it seems
that the receiving is very inneficient.
             Does anyone who can comment about this Daiwa pre-amp? Is
this suitable for satellite works.
             What I've tried is that, when I turn on the pre-amp, I got
lot of splatters and intermod that will absorb the signal.
              Please give some suggestion and comments.
              Thank's in advance.

dicdic/du9xa