SK UA3CR

I'm very sorry to inform you, that Leonied Labutin, UA3CR died on
September 10 at his summer residence near Moscow on an heart attack.

The funeral was held in Moscow on September 12.

Leo was a very well known and respected person in the russian amateur
satellite and space scene for a long while and he was very active until
now. He was on the South Pole after the launch of RS5..RS8 for testing
Store&Foward techniques from such remote locations. He was also
assisting the North Pole Bering bridge Transpolar Ski Trek Expedition
from USSR to Canada in 1989 including communication via Amateur
Satellites. He was directly involved in various RS satellite projects,
helped bringing ham radio into the MIR station. He also operated a
Mailbox system and digipeater in Moscow with a regular Gateway to UO22.
He was one of the first groundstations and gateway for the Digital
Communications Experiment on UO-11 and there is much much more...

I worked together with Leo on the first russian/german AO-21/RS-14
project and he was also very helpful to the AMSAT P3D project for which
a russian space company build the fuel tanks.

I personally lost a got a friend and will miss him..
Peter Guelzow, DB2OS