Re: Goodbye John Holliman

I met John when I was working at the public TV station in
Harrisburg, PA and he was covering the re-opening of Three Mile
Island in the late 1980's.

He was an interesting guy -- folksy on one hand, technologically
attuned on the other, certainly interested in what was then the
esoteric fields of television production, satellite delivery and
reception (he told us he had a big dish in his yard and loved to
look around!).

At one time, it was rumored that CNN was negotiating with the
Russians to send him to Mir.
A good choice, and a good trip it would have been.

Sad to see the news today...

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
w3dq@amsat.org