Silent Key -- John Holliman

The CNN news space reporter John Holliman was killed today in
a car accident, according to this CNN News Item:

>  CNN Correspondent John Holliman dies in car crash
> 'One of the most loved members of the CNN family'   September 12, 1998
>  Web posted at: 7:41 p.m. EDT (2341 GMT)
>
>  ATLANTA (CNN) -- CNN National Correspondent John Holliman, one of the
> 'boys of Baghdad' who reported exclusively from Iraq as bombs fell during
> the Persian Gulf War, died early Saturday from injuries he received in a
> car accident near his home in suburban Atlanta. He was 49.
>     [snip ... on to some comments on his space activities]
>  At the time of his death, Holliman served as an Atlanta-based national
> correspondent. One of his beats was to cover space exploration, and he
> was the lead reporter for the Pathfinder mission to Mars in the summer
> of 1997.
>
>  Among his upcoming assignments was to co-anchor, with Walter Cronkite,
> John Glenn's return to space.
>
>  "I expect he'll be up there watching the mission from the heavens,
> probably shouting, 'Holy cow, what a sight!'" Johnson said.

A more detailed obituary can be read at
         http://cnn.com/US/9809/12/holliman.obit.02/

His final report, filed Sep.09 covering Mir, Space Station and John
Glenn can be read at
         http://cnn.com/TECH/space/9809/09/holliman/

Tom