Re: Yaesu G-5400B Elevation Indicator

Only on this reflector do you have to ask that no flames be sent, for
asking a perfectly good questions. I used to think that Satellite operators
we a cut above the 75 meter gang, but I have to wonder when I see guys
start a message like this. He should not have to!

At 05:20 PM 9/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Excuse the bandwidth because I know this has been asked before. (No
>flames, please!) I didn't save the message because I never thought I'd
>need it. Shows you how wrong you can be.

Brad, I think this rotor uses a 5volt system, +5 volts to 0 volts, to
indicated where the rotor is, check to see if there is voltage in this
range on the meter, if not you may want to see if the 5 volts is getting up
to the rotor or not. I bet the trouble is with the pot in the rotor that
turns the 5 volt up and down, as the boom is raised and lowered. This
should not be much trouble to fix. Good luck.

73 Dave