RS-12 and MIR info from G3IOR

Hi,

The following about RS-12 and MIR was received via packet from Pat,

G3IOR.  I have no further information at this time.  G3IOR has no

e-mail address as he is not on the Internet, but may be contacted

via packet radio at <G3IOR @ GB7LDI.#35.GBR.EU>.

73, Ray, W2RS

w2rs@amsat.org

"I had communications with Andy, RK3KPK. He tells me that

the Aero- Cosmic Laboratory is no more, and that the RS command is

now in the hands of Alex Papkov in Kaluga City. RS-12 has now been

put into 'KT' mode, 21 MHz up, 29 + 145 MHz down.

"MIR appears to have changed their operating frequency for PACKET,

FM talk etc. from 145.985 to 145.935 MHz. I here them coming up on

voice just as they pproach my eastern LOS, in Russian, but not at

other times. However the PACKET seems on all the time. I don't know

about the UHF repeater."