Re: LOT 5 Fixes Yeasu FT-847 problems?

       The gentleman is correct. I was informed to return my FT-847 to
YAESU in Cerritos Ca. I did. Sent to them UPS Brown, In three weeks I had
it back all corrected anf now the Polling operation works well. They did a
good job, NO cost to me.    Just getting back in Satellite operation after
10 years hiatus, just hope I can get acclimated to new operaton. Last time
I was on was when I was working Oscar 5, 6 and Oscar 13,  Good Luck  John
K2JF

At 11:58 AM 9/6/98 -0700, Richard Parry wrote:
>At the ARRL Southwestern Division Conference held here in San Diego a few
>weeks ago, I asked a Yeasu representative what they were doing about the
>FT-847 CAT deficiency (you can control the freq. of the radio but can't
>read it back).  His response was, "ALL DEFICIENCIES WITH THE FT-847 HAVE
>BEEN FIXED IN LOT 5 OF THE RADIO".  I did not press him any further.  Can
>anyone with a brand new LOT 5 FT-847 confirm the statement made by the
>representative.  Anyone know how to find out if a radio is a LOT 5 unit.  I
>presume the serial number might have the information.
>
>thanks in advance,

C U L es 73, K2JF
John M. Fisher