Upgrading 847

I emailed Yaesu last week and this is the reply...

Yaesu Technical Support wrote:

 Hello,
 Thanks for the email. Yaesu has released an updated CPU for the FT-847
that
 allows the radio to be polled for frequency and mode by a computer, and
 improved the AF Gain control and reduced birdies.
 We are performing all factory updates at no cost,  and turnaround time
is
 about 2 weeks.
 You can send your FT-847 to us at:
 Yaesu USA
 Attn: Service Dept.
 17210 Edwards Road
 Cerritos CA 90703

 Please include a note requesting the update and a daytime phone number.
 Best Regards, Mike Krueger - KC6ZSF Yaesu Tech Support