Re: LOT 5 Fixes Yeasu FT-847 problems?

    According to Yaesu Service Dept all FT-847
radios with the s/n 8G05XXXX or higher already
have the CAT read-back fix in them. Yaesu Service
is presently taking earlier FT-847's and updating
the CAT on a per-request basis. I suggest you
e-mail them first:

Yaesu Tech Support... yaesutech@worldnet.att.net

Yaesu Service Dept... 562-404-2700

Yaesu USA
Attn: Service Dept
17210 Edwards Road
Cerritos, CA 90703

At 11:58 AM 9/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>At the ARRL Southwestern Division Conference held here in San Diego a few
>weeks ago, I asked a Yeasu representative what they were doing about the
>FT-847 CAT deficiency (you can control the freq. of the radio but can't
>read it back).  His response was, "ALL DEFICIENCIES WITH THE FT-847 HAVE
>BEEN FIXED IN LOT 5 OF THE RADIO".  I did not press him any further.  Can
>anyone with a brand new LOT 5 FT-847 confirm the statement made by the
>representative.  Anyone know how to find out if a radio is a LOT 5 unit.  I
>presume the serial number might have the information.
>
>thanks in advance,

John...KD2JF
xlr8@worldnet.att.net
FN30