LOT 5 Fixes Yeasu FT-847 problems?

At the ARRL Southwestern Division Conference held here in San Diego a few
weeks ago, I asked a Yeasu representative what they were doing about the
FT-847 CAT deficiency (you can control the freq. of the radio but can't
read it back).  His response was, "ALL DEFICIENCIES WITH THE FT-847 HAVE
BEEN FIXED IN LOT 5 OF THE RADIO".  I did not press him any further.  Can
anyone with a brand new LOT 5 FT-847 confirm the statement made by the
representative.  Anyone know how to find out if a radio is a LOT 5 unit.  I
presume the serial number might have the information.

thanks in advance,