Re: Satellite Times Gone

Hi guys

ka8qcu@juno.com writes:

(snip)
> I used to buy a magazine
> called Spaceflight ( I think it was put out by the British Interplanetary
> Society) but have not seen it in any book stores for a couple of years.

Spaceflight is still around monthly; you get it free if you are a member
of the British Interplanetary Society.

Fellowship fees are UK pounds 58 (US$107) per annum including one only
publication: either Spaceflight *or* JBIS Monthly (extra pounds 33 or
$61 to receive both). Reduction of pounds 15 ($27) if you're aged over 65.
Their subscription year starts in January. Because the BIS is a recognised
charity, in the UK the subscription is tax-deductable, this could also
apply overseas.

(I get Spaceflight - not sure whats in JBIS but it sounds a bit more
professionally orientated)

You get Fellowship (allows you to put FBIS after your name) after about
five years of membership. Fees for ordinary membership may be different
but I don't know what they are. Probably the BIS web site will have the
information; the web address given on their form doesn't look quite right:
 http://freespace.virgin.net/bis.bis/Bis.htm  (YMMV - try putting a www
in if this doesn't work). Their e-mail address is:  bis.bis@virgin.net

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL FBIS