Re: M I R E X - U P D A T E

Deb wrote:

>                                      MIR FREQUENCY INFORMATION
>
> 145.935 1200 baud packet and voice. (Voice is only when the crew might talk)
>
> Looks like the 1200 baud  packet frequency has moved .....  I had been
> trying to listen for the Mir station for about 2 weeks and thought they
> might have turned off the packet station when today i read a message on the
> local BBS regarding MIR changing its frequency ! ......
> So to confirm the message i had read i monitored the frequency of 145.935
> and the station was right on time .  Why did the station change its
> frequency ? not everybody can find these things out in an instance .. is
> there a reason for this ?  take good care everybody 73's de Gary
>
> Amateur Radio Station
> VK4GAZ, Southport , QLD
> Australia  73's  de Gazza

 Hi dear Gazza

I also have heard MIR "out" of frequency,  since last July, but mixed with
passages on the
"right" frequency of 145.985.  When "out" I found the best tuning at 145.940.
More, some times I have heard sequences of "tones" (just like DTMF). They was
present only during acquisition times and coming from the direction of the craft

(I use a 9+9 Yagi with azimuth and elevation control).
By this I (reasonably) suppose the tones come from MIR.
My be I'm completely wrong, but someone else hear these ?

Thanks to all and  best listening to MIR
(I4XQG, Guido Gazzadi,
Corso Duomo 12,
I-41100 Modena, Italy)