Re: FN45 on AO-27

> While on vacation this week, I plan to activate FN45 on AO-27 on Tuesday
> (and maybe Wednesday) I will be on the 1010 and 1149 UTC passes Tuesday.

Howdy all,

Let's try this again...... First, the times are  _EST_ not UTC. My mistake,
sorry. (you can now see why I need a vacation!  :-} )

Next, FN45 is a grid square. I will actually be in FN45CA, in a school yard in
Norton Vermont right on the Canadian Border. I was there today (Mon 8/31)
getting an accurate GPS fix. Now that I have the coordinates, the exact AOS
times for Tuesday 9/1 are 1408, 1548 and 1729 UTC, or 1008, 1148 and 1329 EST.
I will try and stay for the third AO-27 pass at 1729 UTC. This will only be 9
degrees of elevation, so I'll only have a 3-5 minute window due to terrain.

So what's this about Grid Squares??
Some of us satellite operators collect QSL cards confirming that we have
worked operators in various grid squares. The ARRL issues an award called
VUCC. This is given on satellite for working operators in, and then confirming
100 unique grid squares. Endorsements are given for each 25 above 100. I
presently have close to 500 worked and 275 confirmed.

FN45 is a rather rare grid. I will operate from there and confirm contacts
with operators who need the grid.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ