Re: DIGI on LUSAT

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Miguel A. Menendez wrote:

> ....the LUSAT is operative in DIGI  mode, a very interesting option to
> make contacts with other stations, or to be connected with our station
> to evaluate on-line the state of our installation.
> "( C EA1BCU via LUSAT-1 )"

Actually, a more effecient way to communicate via a space digipeater is to
use un-numbered UI frames which require no acknowldegment.  This way also,
severl stations can talk all to each other.  This is exactly what the APRS
software does by capturing all UI packets and eliminating dupes so the
users see good organized message and GPS position reports without having
to watch all packets...

See www.aprs.org for links to all the current LIVE APRS channels and
MIR...

de WB4APR, Bob