Re: ICOM IC-706MK2G

Mark Flanagan wrote:

> Will this compete with the FT-847 or just the FT-100 Field Commander?  In
> my eyes the FT-847 is still the radio, until ICOM does one better by adding
> 2m & 440 with sat full duplex to their FT-756.  What ever happened to
> Kenwood?  Did they just give up and go home?

It doesn't do duplex at the time of announcement, neither does the
FT-100. Sneaky- they don't want  to lose IC-821 or FT-847 sales.

Poor Kenwood fell victim to the internet rumor mill about selling radios
at truck stops, an event that never happened and appears as such in a
release on the Kenwood site. Besides what's wrong with truck stops; I've
found useful things there. The TS-790A was discontinued I believe.

One would hope they will get active with the cycle next year.
--
Matt
http://www.capecod.net/~mcassari