Re: AO-16

AO-16 is not presently transmitting on S band.
If the S band TX is turned on the power level on 70 cm must be turned down
to below 1W (day) and even less during eclipse.  That downlink power level
makes operations quite difficult for many station, especially those using
limited or omni antennas.  Particularly with the APRS testing going on
right now we don't want to reduce the effectiveness of the UHF downlink.

Jim White
wd0e@amsat.org
Microsat Command