Re: Mir 440 Repeater

In a message dated 98-08-13 19:58:50 EDT, jeffj@scott.net writes:

> Has anyone been able to consistently monitor it?

Hi Jeff,

The short answer is no. I've heard it for the last 2 Tuesdays. I worked 4
stations last Tues nite. Keep trying, it is on at times.

To answer a couple of other inquiries, the repeater has no courtesy tone, just
a few second tail. If it is operating, you will hear it ID occasionally with a
female voice saying "Romeo Romeo Zero Delta Lima Repeater". Doppler correction
and CTCSS tone are very important.

Hope this helps.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ