Re: Pass Predications

At 08:59 PM 7/26/98 -0400, Jeff Johns wrote:

>Does anyone know of any older software, either BASIC or DOS, that allows you
>to input Keps and your latitude and longitude and have the software
>generate pass predicitons in text form? I know sofe of the newer 'modern'
>software will do this but I have a need for older software for use on an old
>slow machine. Any comments would be appreciated.
>
>73
>Jeff KF4KGQ

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I just returned from vacation and have
over 700 Email messages to read.

There are a number of programs available that fit your criteria.  Several
are available at the Amsat ftp site, including a .c program named "Orbit"
by N3EMO. I downloaded Orbit several years ago and found that while it
generally worked, it had some serious bugs in the code.  I cleaned up the
code, fixed most of the bugs, and added a few minor enhancements.  I use
the program to generate printed pass predictions, which is the one thing I
miss in InstantTrack.

I have often thought of going back and give the program the polish it
deserves, but I have decided that it is not worth the effort.  If you would
like, I will be happy to provide you with a copy of my changes to the
source code and executable program.

73 de Roger Snyder, K4RS
Internet: k4rs@m8.sprynet.com
AX.25 packet: K4RS @ N4XEO.#FTP.FL.USA.NOAM