Re: Re: Iridium Flares

Joe and all..  It is VERY easy to see Iridium flares in the middle of
daylight.  Of course you have to know where and when to do so.  That
is why the discussion about determining accurately, time and position.
     I have seen a -7 flare blast through fog in which just the faintest
portion of the moon can be seen.  At the Riverside Telescope Makers
Conference (elevation 5000 ft) we were treated to a -6 flare that cast
shadows.  Again, I emphasize that recent Keplarian elements are necessary
to obtain results along with the usual need for attention to detail!
Cliff K7RR