Re: Iridium Flash site

David and the net.  The website that you asked about is in Germany and
indeed can calculate Iridium flashes but with a great deal of confusion!
The time entry as well as the lat/long entry is very obtuse as is the
area in which the flash can be seen.
     As an AMSAT member, you would be far better off downloading a
program called FLARE161.  You will need to obtain some Keplarian elements
as well.  The German site uses very old KEPS and errors have accumulated.
The two line KEPS can be gotten from the Kelso board in the normal manner.
     For satellite people this is a simple procedure but has proven to be
very difficult for others!  Let me check to see if FLARE161 is public
domain.  I think it is as it was downloaded from the U of Arizona files.
Cliff Buttschardt K7RR