Information on Windows 98

To those who inquired about Win98:

I have been using it for quite a few months (I used to own a computer
consulting company and obtained copies of the beta releases).  I really
enjoy the operating system, and have been using the final version since
the day it was released.

I have yet to come across any major problems, errors, lock-ups, etc.  The
operating system is running smoothly, and quickly.  I have definately
seen an increase in system speed and performance, as well as its ability
to handle resources efficiently.

The FAT32 conversion definately increases hard drive performance as well.
 I gained nearly 120-MB on my main drive after the conversion, and the
drive speed has increased considerably.

What I really like about the operating system is its ability to find new
hardware and install effective drivers for it.  So far, it has recognized
all of my hardware, which includes multiple external modems, network
cards, Matrox video cards, a color scanner, etc.

I believe this operating system is a significant improvement over Windows
95, although the overall look may appear to be similar to Win95.  One of
the first things I did was to establish the Active Desktop, with
one-click access to icons and shortcuts.  For the inexperienced user,
this may take some getting used to.

Finally, the relationship between the operating system and Internet
Explorer is nice, and convenient.  I am a dedicated IE user, however have
used Netscape Communicator.  I like them both, so will not take this time
to state which is better than the other.  However, it does make for
easier, and faster, access to folders and programs.  All files, folders,
programs, etc. are displayed in IE windows.  And, if you're online, you
can type in an internet url right from the Control Panel, My Documents,
or any other window, and go right to a web site.  This feature is quite
nice, and I use it quite regularly.

Comments/Suggestions?

73 de
Dan/W8MMQ