Re: Jul/Aug AMSAT Journal Y2K items UPDATE

Paul Williamson wrote:

(Concerning 400 rule for leap years)

> This is only the second time we've used this rule, because it was
> only put into effect in 1582 with the Gregorian calendar reform.
> Those who didn't adopt the Gregorian reform promptly have never
> used this rule before.

I think this will be a first time for America, then.  People sometimes
get confused on George Washington's birth date because he was born
before America finally adopted the Gregorian calendar.  Since George was
very active in 1776 and afterwords and he most certainly did not live to
be 176 or more years old, I think we can conclude that America adopted
the Gregorian calendar sometime well after 1600.

Dave, N9LTD