July/Aug Amsat Journal Y2K article

I just received the July/August issue of the AMSAT Journal yesterday and
read all the Y2K (The Millenium Problem) material with great interest.  A
related article on page 16, "A Common Date/Time Standard for Amateur Radio"
was also a very timely piece, but this article contained two points which
confused me:

(1) On p-17, column 1, next to last paragraph:  "The ISO 8601 document also
contains the correct definitions for Leap Years (2000 is, 1900 was not!)".

- Is this correct?  The information I have indicates that just the
*reverse* is true ... simplified, my information states that 'Leap Years
are any year which is evenly divisible by 4 ...  EXCEPT when it is *also*
evenly divisible by 400'.

(2) On p-19, column 1, "Windows 95, NT4, 98 and etc":  in the next to last
paragraph in column 1 where the proceedure for changing Windows date format
to "yyyy-MMM-dd" ... in MY version of Win95, I find *no* such format.  The
*only* entry which shows 'year' first is "yy-MM-dd".  I checked the
Canadian and British entries and they don't show a "yyyy-MMM-dd" choice
either?

My Win95 version is 4.00.950a ... perhaps there's a later version of Win95
available?  My version has updates  UPD001 - UPD008