Ham Radio featured in product commercial

I just heard a commercial on KLDE, 94.5 FM in Houston that featured
Rotel (tomatoes & jalapenos). It started by saying so and so was a 'Ham
Radio Operator' and....continued with the commercial. They used a
fictious name but the fact that they mentioned ham radio operator in their
ad and were not selling anything remotely related to ham radio I thought
was fantastic.

When I get home tonight, I am going to look on a can of Rotel that we
have and get the phone number of the company and call and thank them
for the great commercial. Anyone else interested in the phone number,
feel free to email me and I will be happy to pass it on.

If lucky, I will get a real person and ask if I can put the add on my home
page. We don't get publicity like that too often.

Of course, I think I might go out and buy a bit more of their product since
we use it anyway.

Way to go for ham radio.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                               Internet: kk5do@amsat.org
Houston, Texas                                         or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC),VE

Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T7B, 6.2MHz at 74 degrees.
http://www.amsatnet.com               Visit SHOT  http://www.clarc.org/shot