RE: Two Drake MMDS questions

Sometimes it doesn't pay to post when tired.  I suddenly remembered the
article in the February 1998 QST.  WB8IMY states a 8.8125 MHz, HC-49/U 24 pF
load capacitance, 10 PPM grade.  JAN Crystals @ 800-JAN-XTAL.

He was about 215 KHz off on the conversion frequency, which computes as an
840 Hz error on the fundamental.  There is a tweaking capacitor, which will
probably take care of it, though I will wait and see if somebody jumps in
with a different load capacitance.

Alan
WA4SCA