IS KLM-435-18C ENOUGH

I purchased a KLM 435-18C, which has 12 db gain, bandwith of 420-450.  I am
looking for one antenna to work sat., dx and local repeaters.  I have a space
problem and need to stay with the shortest antenna.  I am concerned that the
18C will not be able to get the higher sat's, like AO-10 etc.  Do I need to
find a higher db antenna or will the 18C do fine.  I do not have a preamp
other than the one that is in the Yaesu 847.  Other antennas are limited in
freq. range in that the only go to 438 mhz.  Hopefully someone can help me
make this decision through experience.  I was also trying to stay with an
antenna that had switching abilities.