Two Drake MMDS questions

Hi,

I am finally getting around to modifying a converter or two, and have a
question about the new crystal.  It needs to be 8.8125 MHz of course, but
what was the case type and shunt capacity?  20pf is mentioned on that web
site, but I think I heard other numbers thrown around.  Is JAN still a good
source.

Also, everybody seems to be in a hurry to remove the DC line feed.  Any
reason you can't bring DC out of the converter, suitably bypassed of course,
to feed the pre-amp?

Alan