Seeking Rig Control Protocol Details

hello,

I'm seeking details of the protocol that ICOM use on their CI-V interface,
to enable me to program some 'rig control' functions (under Linux).
Specifically, I want to put in the required commands for an IC820H into
SatTrack 3.1.5.

Are there any published specs for the ICOM (or Ten-tec) protcol - my rig's
manual is pretty vague! There are lots of DOS/Windows programs around, so I
assume the info is available somewhere. (I use a homebrew interface, but it
works ok with  those programs that I've tried)

I tried the various icom<country>.com sites, without luck, and web searches
came up with nothing either.

Any help would be appreciated.

73
Steve