Re: Pass Predicitions

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Jeff Johns wrote:

> Does anyone know of any older software, either BASIC or DOS, that allows you
> to input Keps and your latitude and longitude and have the software
> generate pass predicitons in text form? I know sofe of the newer 'modern'
> software will do this but I have a need for older software for use on an old
> slow machine. Any comments would be appreciated.

How slow?  InstantTrack will run on a IBM-XT (albeit slowly).  Performance
in text mode is acceptable even on 640K/4 MHz machines.  I recall that
before I bought a copy of IT, I was using a simple DOS program that would
run on anything that could run DOS.  There *might* be a copy on the amsat
web site (I lost mine eons ago).

Hope this helps.  73, Steve  KA1LM@amsat.org