RE: License restructuring (via ARRL Web site)

>I then fought to get the Board to agree that if the cw is lowered
>then we would mandate that the exams be tuffened to compensate.
>The Board agreed.

This I have to see...  how do you toughen the written exams when the
questions, with the answers and distractors, must be published verbatim
?

>Then about 3 or 4 weeks ago we heard the FCC was about to release
>its proposal as part of their Biennial Review. We heard they
>were looking at 5 wpm, 3 licenses, maybe 4, and a codeless HF
>provision. It was awful.

Apparently the current Administration only pays attention to treaties
when they can get the gargoyle to go before the media afterward and
speak about their wonderful vision of international cooperation.
The code is currently a treaty requirement, no matter what your opinion
of it or the speeed of it.
--
Matt WV1K
http://www.capecod.net/~mcassari