Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

Who says there can be no free lunch?  Instant gratification is the New American Way!  I am somewhat opposed to this, since I don't see anything wrong with working a little harder to get what I want, and I don't appreciate being downgraded from Extra to Class A. CW is still an artform which sets Amateur Radio Operators apart from others, and it is still the most reliable and cheapest means to communicate.  It is not a whipping stick to beat someone out of the game, it is simply a language unique to communicators.  If it goes through, maybe they should widen the CW segments instead of the phone segments, to encourage more CW operations.  I would say 73, but I'm not on CW, so Best Wishes to All.  Bill, W5NI

Red Johnson wrote:

If you are currently a Tech + or Novice, you will be placed in Category C with
all General Class Licenses.  No tests, just presto-changeo full HF privileges.