Kurt Carlson

I just noticed that tomorrow, Sunday at 8pm CST (Monday at 0100Z) the
Discovery Channel is going to have a piece about Captain Kurt Carlson of
the Flying Enterprise fame.  Some of you older guys will remember him as
the Amateur Radio Captain who stayed with his ship until the last moment
before it sunk.

Those of us who were hams at the time know why he really stayed on board so
late.  He wanted to save that KW rig he had ;-D.  I later had a QSO with
him aboard the Flying Enterprise II out in the Pacific.  He was certainly
some hero of the day.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org