OFF Topic query....

Sorry, this isn't about the code, no code, 4 license classes, 5 license
classes topic of this list but I am curious about the analog satellites
folks are using. I just acquired a TS-790 with 2m, 70cm and 23cm modules
and now want to know where it can be used. From the little discussion
relating to satellites I have seen, perhaps someone here can share their
experiences....

At 09:44 PM 7/24/98 -0700, A. R. MAERTZ wrote:
>Actually, the restructuring proposal sounds like 100% sellout to commercial
>interests.  This will lessen further the caliber of the radio amateur class.
>Anyone can memorize answers to tests--it's the morse code requirement that
>shows the determination of the individual to join the ranks.
>
>I've spent almost 30 years in amateur radio--this is the worst proposal I've
>ever seen.  It will serve to fuel the fire of those commercial interest who
>want our frequencies by pointing out the deteriorating operating
>habits/professionalism amateur radio thanks to those "hams" who think of
>amateur radio bands as glorified CB bands and operate that way.  Tuning
>across the HF bands and listening to much of the garbage on the bands is
>already a somewhat pathetic process; this proposal would only create further
>deterioration of the amateur class.
>
>If this passes, I suspect it to be the death knell of amateur radio as we
>know it.
>
>Reid W0FVR

John Wilcox  NS1Z
FN44rn