Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

<< Anyone can memorize answers to tests--it's the morse code requirement that
 shows the determination of the individual to join the ranks. >>

Less we forget, Amateur Radio is a hobby.  It is NOT meant to do what
commercial interests do.  It is not meant to sub for professional providers.

In many parts of the world it is considered as a "sport."  Radiosport is the
term and hams are forbidden by law against providing even emergency
communications.

What this person says held true when I was licensed in '59.  It is though, not
the way it is looked upon today.  Our government will no longer tollerate a
dieing bunch of radio famatics hoarding what it views as a national treasure.

The ARRL proposal is very mild in respect to what I believe the FCC itself
will put forth.  WAat about 30 days and you will see.

de
WA6ITF