Re: RS-16

The following line is from the latest bulletin:

RS-16
The 435 MHz beacon (only) is operational. Attempts to command the Mode A

transponder on have been unsuccessful.

Very unfortunate, since RS-12 is the only "Easy Sat" left that is truely

EASY.

Kevin Muenzler WB5RUE wrote:

> Is RS-16 still switched off?  I keep getting keps for it.
> Just curious.

Wish we could afford another, but what to do???  I have severalfriends
taking interest in why I am often away from the repeater.
One is even listening for RS-12.  I doubt that they would spend
the needed funds for an AO-10 or P3D, station, at least not at first.
When RS-12 dies, I fear so will growth in satellite operations.
Just my opinion.

--
Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC
kd9kc@whc.net