No Subject

by x17.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJVP7F7H; Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:21:11 EDT
To: ka1tuz@gis.net
Cc: ke4hsm@icx.net, amsat-bb@amsat.org, ham-tech@majordomo.netcom.com,
        skywarn@qth.net, wxspotter@onelist.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:07:50 -0400
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: ARRL Licensing Proposal
Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

>As you say it is the no code techs who are doing most of the public
>safety work

I don't know if this is entirely the case.  Sure, it seems like it
because we hear a lot more Technicians (I son't really like the term
"no-code tech") on the air during these public safety situations, but let
me remind all that these amateurs are usually operating over repeaters
that are built, maintained, etc. by higher license class holders, for the
most part.  Surely that has to count as "participation".

KE3WD