Re: RE: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

On 23-Jul-98 samuel bryant wrote:
> But with all the big shots trying to take away the spectrum why not make a
> license and forget code to get  more people on the air and not lose  what we
> have now or let every one fight and lose out all together ??????    just a
> thought

   You'll note that people are generally complaining about the proposal for
lower CW requirements for *HF* access.  In that context, there is absolutely no
issue with "big shots trying to take away the spectrum."  Quite the opposite,
in fact - we've gained significant HF bands recently, and will probably be
gaining even MORE in the future, especially around 40M.  Governments,
commercial, and military interests are FAR more interested the VHF+ bands than
in HF.

- Rich

--
Rich Mulvey