Re: ARRL Licensing Proposal

Every Bit of what you say is true but I support the proposed code setup as it
will go a long way i n preserveing the code in testing .
Cw is dead as a reqirement for practical purposes but a lot of hams enjoy it.CW
should be an elective as is packet ,atv , satilite and all our other fun things .

By makeing 5 wds and 12 words the requirements we probably can save the code for
a few more years.
I believe that this will make a upgrade a lot more popular and lessen the "no
code Techs"
As you say it is the no code techs who are doing most of the public safety work
that keeps us in business in congress.
I am involved in a lot of public safety work and the large majority of people I
can call started as "no code techs". Thank god for them!
Another thought is the new stucture will sell a lot more HF radios . Maybe BETTER
PRICES!
L(o)(o)k beyond your noses it is a good deal for all

--
MZ

begin:          vcard
fn:             Dick Doherty