Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

The threat to ham radio comes from outside forces, the commercial interests
who want to buy the spectrum and the Congress that wants to sell it to them.
While we are busy arguing among ourselves about Purity, they are plotting
for our downfall. The FCC is just doing what Congress wants it to do, and
the ARRL is trying to at least provide some ham input to the process.
Instead of arguing the point on Amsat-bb, the same energy ought to be
directed to letting your Congress person know what you want. They do read
their mail, but when they get no mail, they think that no one cares.
If they succeed in their efforts to sell out our bands, it won't really
matter how long you've been licensed or how fast you can do code, will it?

Dan Schultz