Ha !

> Now there are some who will suggest that already having been licensed as
> General, they would feel they would be "taking a step back" or "being lumped
> with" a lesser group, and that all their hard work was for naught.
> POPPYCOCK!! You should be proud of your accomplishment.

Yeah, it makes me really PROUD I'll be joined by "12 wpm with a written
test" people in the Extra sub-bands. I guess I could have stopped at the
General and saved 8.50 on tests and whatever the ARRL reaped for
manuals. Then again, look at the money they'll make with this ploy
through new manual sales. If I'm 25 with no electronics background, and
was an extra at 18, and there are many others like me, what is the
ARRL's explanation why the rest of the ham population needs to have
privileges handed to them ? I have a reason, but it wouldn't be popular.
Don't respond as I will not answer. This is so lopsided as to not
warrant any more of my time.
--
Matt WV1K
http://www.capecod.net/~mcassari