Re: G3RUH JAS-1/FO-12 MODEM (1986)

At 12:44 AM 7/23/98 +0010, Eddie HANHAM wrote:
>Can anyone advise me if this type of modem is still useful for
>satellite work. I note the two satellites have ceased operation.

Absolutely!  This type of modem is still applicable to the following
satellites:

AMSAT OSCAR-16
WEBERSAT OSCAR-18 (currently suffering from a CPU crash)
LUSAT OSCAR-19
ITAMSAT OSCAR-26 (currently telemetry only)

It is also potentially applicable to Fuji OSCAR-29, but it has not
been in the 1200 bps mode very much.  Even when it's in digital
mode, it's usually in 9600 bps mode.

Oh, by the way, "JAS-1/FO-12" was one satellite with two names,
not two satellites.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org