Re: [KyHam] Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

Stephen E McCallum wrote:

> Yes, the new ARRL proposals sound good--except we wonder where those
> extra FONE freqs will come from. 73
>
>   Stephen E. McCallum,  Radio W2ZBY
>    Public Information Coordinator
>         Kentucky Section, ARRL
>  3209 Tudor Dr.,  Lexington KY 40503
>    "In the Heart of the Bluegrass"

Where they come from was in the bulletin -- they come from doing away
with the novice segment and giving it to everyone else.  After all, once
you do away with the novice class license, there isn't any need for
novice band segments.

Of course, the big improvement on HF will be the eventual reduction in
crowding over the next several years.  By eliminating the entry level HF
license, we'll cut way down on the number of people who EVER learn code
and EVER get onto HF.

73 de N4AOF