Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

This debate reminds me of the biblical parable of the vineyard.  To
paraphrase, a vineyard owner went out in the morning and hired some
workers.  When it looked like the work might not be completed, he went
out several more times that day and hired workers, the last group hired
just one hour before quitting time.  At the end of the day he paid them
all the same thing.  The ones who had worked all day whined and
complained, saying they had worked all day and received the same pay as
those who had worked only an hour.  The vineyard owner told them to shut
up and stop complaining, everyone had received the pay they had agreed
to work for.

As I see this, no one loses any privelges or spectrum, with the possible
exception of Novices losing the 200 kHz of cw spectrum, but gaining much
more in ssb spectrum.

I currently hold an Advanced class license, and am currently studying
the 20 wpm and plan to take my Extra exam in August, and again in Sept.
if I don't make it.  I might be the last person to make Extra under the
old rules.  I could wait around till I only need the written exam, but I
intend to keep on toward my goal.

So quit your whining, and take pleasure in the fact that you worked for
something and received it.

73, Ron N4WYR

and my apologies to the atheists etc, but I think the analogy applies
here