Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

I guess I would be one of the sour pusses who wonders, why did I bother to
upgrade to General?  An automatic upgrade to priviliges of General by having
passed the Novice test?  The Tech + test?  Is there nothing contained in the
General test that neither Techs or Novices need to know?  Why not at least
require passing the written element?

I guess the pride a lot of us felt in passing the General wasn't well founded if
it will become meaningless under the proposed rule changes.

Why not move all current General Class licensees into Class B to recognize their
past accomplishments rather than send them back a step and lump them with those
who didn't upgrade?

73 de Red
K1RED