Re: ARRL License Restructuring Proposal

Bernard F. Gaffney, Jr. wrote:

> Has anyone else heard of the ARRL's proposed license restructuring, and
> if so, what do you think of it, in relationship to satelliting(to coin a
> word)?
> Any other thoughts?

I like it.  There is something in it for everybody.  The proponents of MORSE

CODE (like me) don't loose anything.  Those that want to eliminate code
get an easier shot at it.  There will be sour-pusses on the left and right
of
this, but I see it as a win-win deal.  I believe it will not affect
satellite opns
as we are a sorta specialized group, unless the satellite bands are somehow
opened to repeaters (heaven forbid!!!)  We all need to watch this very
closely to protect satellite and DX windows ON ALL BANDS, HF,
VHF, UHF, and beyond.  A mistake in this could result in AO-10 and P3D
uplink interference, or RS-12/15 downlink interference.  Any other
thoughts???

--
Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC
kd9kc@whc.net