Re: KLM antennas..

Daniel,

I am using KLM X-Yagis for 2m and 70cm. I avoid the bending of the booms
by using a thin fiber glas tube vertically over the middle of the boom
and
some UV resistant cord to both ends of the antenna boom and across to
the boom
carrying the antennas. Parallel to the antennas I have a L-shaped
aluminium
with the pre-amp near the back end of the antenna. There is only a short
coax
from the antenna to the pre-amp, with minimal load on the antenna.

When I experienced random behaviour of the SWR of the 70 cm antenna,
opening the switch box and soldering the center of the N-connector to
the PCB
helped a lot.
Nothing and nobody is perfect!

Good luck. 73, Viktor OE1VKW